First of all, you need to prepare:
- Yii framework files. You can download from the site
- PHP (5.1 or above).
Now we moving forward. The steps are:
- Extract yii and put it on folder to your web-accessible root directory. Then check the feature on http://localhost/yii/requirements/ which will be supported with yii on your system. On my computer looks like this:
- If you want to using other database, you need set the libs so yii can support the feature.
- Find yiic.bat file then edit the path of php.exe so it will appropriate with you system.
- Create folder for the webapp on web-accessible root directory. For me, I created “myyiiapptest” folder.
- Go to command prompt then run command “yiic webapp <path of your folder>”
- Using your browser, go to your webapp. For me, it will be http://localhost/myyiiapptest
- Open main.php file on <yourwebappfolder>/protected/config. Uncomment the gii array then set the config.
- Go to http://localhost/myyiiapptest/index.php?r=gii. Insert your password.
- Now you are ready to generate your code depend what you need.
Hope this article can help. Thanks 🙂