I assume that you already read the basic information about ISO8583. You can go to wikipedia for reference if you confused while reading my post here.
Here is ISO8583 sample message:
0200723A4001084180021666666612345678905610000000010010000327110332000981180332032703286011040014000980 000000000012123036123456 000012345678900000100000028000288
what is the content actually?
Here is the step:
- 0200 >>This is MTI. It means the message use ISO8583 with 1987 version and the process is Acquirer Financial Request.
- 723A400108418002 >> This is Bitmap. It will indicates which other data elements or data element subfields may be present elsewhere in a message. The step are:
- Take first Bitmap number. Then make it into hexa. In this example 7 will become 0111. The 0 of that hexa means that there is no bit65 present in this message. So we only need to take 16 part of the message. (16*4=64bit)
- Change all that 16 character to hexa. The 1 means the bit message are present. On this sample the message that present are on bit 2,3,4,7,11,12,13,15,18,32,37,42,48,49,63.
- The rest of message are data element which is contain the transaction information. Continue reading “How to Read ISO8583 Message”